Thursday, December 10, 2009

Under my tree!

I have been busy quilting by machine this class project and I would really like to get it finished before Christmas!!! It has given me the opportunity to try out some quilting techniques and discover which ones I will keep trying to improve as well as which ones to scrap. Free motion quilting requires a good amount of skill I have discovered and will only improve with practice, practice, practice. Sal and I made more goodies this past weekend, sugar cookies and rum balls from a recipe my sister gave me. Yummy!! The rum balls were fantastic!! Thank you Joan....they were especially good with the 150 proof rum that Sal dug out from the depths of her cupboards. They got better as we sampled more and more. Anyway, my dear neighbor reminded me that I had not posted a picture of Spencer lately and she needs a doggie fix I think so here goes. Notice the rawhide bone which he had confiscated from Hildy and tried unsuccessfully to hide in the Christmas tree skirt. He spent the entire evening under the tree.

Just when I think I have figured out this "blogger thing" so that my text and pictures jive, I find that I am just as confused as ever!! Discovering "facebook" though has opened up a new opportunity to connect with old friends, classmates and most importantly, family members with whom we have lost touch. I barely can find time to "blog", so I really don't have time to play games or "farm". We used to farm for real and that was hard work....no thanks!!! But being able to stay in touch with family across the country has been amazingly enjoyable!!

"You will never "find" time for anything. If you want time, you must make it." ~
Charles Buxton

1 comment:

Erica said...

Awww.....Spencer. So cute.