Monday, February 1, 2010

Plant markers


As you can see above, in various stages of completion are the old CD's. I drew lines on which to cut the edges, heated them, cut with heavy shears, painted front and back with gesso (it adheres to anything and gives "tooth" to an object which is to be painted), and proceeded with my plant markers.
This is one I did tonight and it needs to be sprayed with an acrylic. They make your garden so unique and are reminders of what one has planted. Sal and I went flea marketing Saturday and I found another larger lid and scrounged in my stash and found the large spoon which I am sure will be perfect in my wind chime. I have to find some old dinnerware now and what we found this weekend was pretty pricey. I can't wait to start on this and am sure I will get the pieces I need.
My quilt is finished! With over 350 inches of binding to sew down by hand, it took me 7 days to finish, sewing whenever I sat down. My neck was hurting when I finished, just from bending it to see to take the tiny stitches necessary to do the job correctly. It is however, very fine!!!

"It is not who is right, but what is right that is of importance." ~ Thomas Huxley

No comments: