Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Friendship


I have been chastised for not posting lately.  Life has been so very good that I rarely even get to the computer.  By nature I am not a tech person...I am a people person.  My dad never knew a stranger and no matter where he was, he made conversation with the people he met.  Guilty!!!  Since moving here has been a matter of leaving old friends miles and miles away, I had to make an effort to make new friends here, not that I have deserted or forgotten my old buddies.  They are just miles away.  Anyway, it seems that every day has found me involved in a new project with someone.   I spent one day learning to make a "Hot Dog Pillowcase", which I need to post I guess and this past weekend I went to Windsor and to the "Ranch" on I-25 with gals here to some Holiday craft fairs.  Great fun and great food! Last week I did a pottery piece with a friend and we checked out another shop.  I scored a wonderful old Singer sewing cabinet for $15.00 and a light fixture to fill with goodies.  (Guess I need to find time for pictures and posts of them don't I?) The Mr. put together a project for me with 5 old glass door knobs and hung it today in my dining room and is working on a rolling pin rack for me. I am working on some quilt projects and have met with about 6 friends for all day projects..new quilt patterns etc. and we take turns doing lunch..soups and deserts and breads.  The Mr. and I got the basement bedroom finished.  It needed a new floor, paint in the closet and new baseboards.   On Sunday, I spent the day with yet another friend and we made five batches of biscotti..all turned out so yummy.  So I will get some pictures and do some posting and some catch-up I promise.  Can one have too many friends? NEVER!

No comments: