Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Busy hands and feet.

 Another project completed.  I told the Mr. that when this was finished, he could move on to something he wanted to do.  It seems like I have had so many projects that I needed help with!  He is much more the perfectionist and when he starts a project, it will be done right. (I am the one who colors outside the lines and perfect?  no not necessarily a priority.) I have so many things to do before I leave this earth I have busy hands and feet. I had a collection of mostly orange handled rolling pins.  Since I am no longer stuck with orange decor, I decided to sacrifice a few rolling pins for this project.  He sawed them at a 45 degree angle and didn't use the entire length of the pins.  Because there is a metal rod between the handles, that has to be removed first.  He drilled holes and inserted dowels and glued them in which later he cut off flush with the angled pin.
This allowed him to secure with a screw to the back.  Glue reinforced this also.  The rods were cut off and handles inserted and glued back .  A framed reinforced bead board about 8" X 20" now hangs in the kitchen.  Love it!
We are expecting another cold spell with possible snow this week.  I am working diligently on some quilting projects and will be posting some examples soon. 

Call me crazy, but I am thinking about getting another cat.  We lost our 13 year old  last year to a melanoma and with three dogs, thought that was enough.  Having grown up with the influence of a father who loved animals, we were always surrounded by critters as was the Mr.
Our animal shelter had a Black Friday cat special which I seriously thought about.  Any cat with black on it was available for adoption at a reduced price.  Instead, we took advantage of cyber Monday and bought another flat screen TV.   Yes we have too many of those too!

"Happiness walks on busy feet." ~ Kittie Turmell




No comments: