Tuesday, November 8, 2011

More quilting

This is my completed version of Sylvia's sampler...120 squares, quilted, and bound and washed.  Whew! Don't know what I will do with the other 20 squares, but something for sure.  And below that, the finished purse with the great fabrics I acquired at the spring quilt shop hop.  Granted, the fabrics are a little wild for me, but a gal can't have too many purses, and it WAS quilted!

Today I got my new copy of "Mary Jane's Farm", which is a bi-monthly magazine geared to all of the farm gals, real and wanna be.  The articles and pictures and ads all remind me of my roots.  Great recipes and home remedies and organic gardening tips abound as well as inspiration for living in a manner that is kind to our earth. "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!"  I have learned that what you need, and what you think you need are two very different things!  In looking back at my childhood and the way we were raised to do just that, I thought we were poor.   I realize we were in fact, being kind to mother earth.

No comments: