Monday, January 9, 2012

New year resolutions

 With the onset of the new year, gardening is tugging at my soul.  These wonderful clay or stoneware plant markers were a gift from my daughter.  Note the detail on both the front and back of the 12 plus inch babies!  They are almost too pretty to poke into the soil, but alas, in they will go.  Won't my herb garden look spiffy?  In fact, I have a couple of buckets of clay and still have not decided to put my kiln up for sale, so I may have to put my own spin on this idea.  I have a stained glass project waiting in the basement to be foiled and some quilt projects needing attention also.  Gotta get in gear!

And speaking of quilt projects, this is another table topper which I made for another friend for Christmas.  It was like a puzzle getting it put together, but apparently I did get everything cut properly and stitched correctly as it all went together just fine.
As for the new year and the resolutions.  When you get to be 65, as a lot of baby boomers know, you need to change a lot of things; one being the way you choose your insurance.  One big thing we have discovered is that some plans offer some advantages over others.  The plan we choose this year allows me to go to a fitness center for no charge.  The other thing that happens after 65, is that some of us discover rolls of excess fat that just magically appear.  How did that happen?  So, I am hoping with my resolution (get better FIT) that my rolls will shrink.  Today was my orientation on the many machines that will offer enough resistance to strengthen my flabby muscles.  Indeed, I have gotten lazy.  If I can remember how each machine works, and I am finding that the memory also gets flabby,  I hope to keep this only resolution this year.  Wish me luck!

No comments: