Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer sunshine

Look at these sunny faces!  My flower garden is just bursting with color.  I have been picking some veggies as the zucchini, lettuce and peas are putting on.  But this gaillardia was a gift from a friend my garden guru),  and I will be saving seeds.   There are about 30 species and from this one pot, I have the typical orange "blanket flower" and the more common burgundy color, but I personally have never seen the completely gold color above.  What a surprise for me and what a wonderful addition to the flower bed.  Our lives have been a whirlwind the past week and until the end of September, it appears that the merry-go-round won't be stopping.  We have a great niece coming in this week from Texas and friends coming for Frontier Days festivities.  Then our daughter comes for a reunion and we go to California later for one of our own.  In between, the Mr. will be participating in the Senior Olympics and we have some other events to which we must attend. I haven't seen much of my quilting friends as my schedule hasn't allowed it and we have also had some finishing up projects around the place. 

Hopefully, things will slow down soon.  I am still here so don't go away!!

No comments: