Friday, May 24, 2013

A little bit of everything I love

 May is such a busy month for me always.  Not only is my birthday in May, but so many, many of my friends and family have May birthdays, including my son and my friend down the road.  So above, Coalette was given a balloon after we had a birthday dinner here with a birthday boy and she very carefully carried it away.  She loves sacks and I had given her a rather large plastic coated sturdy sack to play in.  Treasures of a couple drinking straws, small bouncy balls and a small piece of bubble wrap are hidden there, and she carried this balloon also to add to her stash.  She played with it for several days, before it broke.  It was funny to see it clinging to her belly from static electricity as she tried to walk and she would pack it in and out of her bag.  Also this month, on my birthday, a wedding was held and I made the cake for a great niece and her groom.  I also had to deliver it and the drive was about 2 1/2 hrs away, but the wedding was beautiful and was held on the Hereford Ranch grounds east of Cheyenne.  Luckily, although it was cloudy and a threat of rain was near, the weather did cooperate and the bride was lovely. 
 My gold fish plant is blooming and it is spectacular.  Never have I seen so many blooms!!!  Usually, there is one bloom per branch, but this year, it is producing several blooms per branch!!
We finally are having some signs of warmer weather and I have wonderful patio/porches on both the front and back of my valley home.  When we moved here last fall, we brought nearly everything we had, including probably some of what we didn't need.  But I love my stuff and we did cull out a lot of our belongings.  We don't have a basement and this home is smaller by about 500 square feet.  There are no out buildings and very few trees.  (lots of sagebrush)  I had no patio table here as I had left one behind so that was a birthday present and and now we are ready for the grilling season to begin.  Bring it on!!! I am so ready for planting, but will have to be diligent in what I choose as I do have wildlife to feed if I am not careful.  I do plan to try a very few veggies also...

"Happiness must be grown in one's own garden"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is truly fairly very good. Took me a while, but getting Nitric Oxide has
propelled my bodybuilding efforts onto new levels.

Here is my web-site :: workout routines for weight loss and muscle tone