Thursday, August 22, 2013

Christmas in August

 In a Magazine some time ago, I kept a picture of a Christmas Tree skirt made with hankies.  I  have been buying these as I find them and finally have enough.  There are several examples of quilts made with special family keepsake hankies and this seemed like a do-able project.  I fused a lightweight interfacing to each and then machine stitched them to white cotton.  Not sure how I will proceed, but they are waiting for a snowy winter day!!!  Below are the glitter and glue projects we completed at our retreat.  This only is my contribution, as for some reason, I forgot to take a picture of the others.
 This was a downloadable Martha Stewart pattern and we used her glue and glitter products for glass which can be purchased at Michaels.  It was fun and easy and they can hold candles, or candy and would make great gifts at the holidays.  The one below was a plastic container purchased at a big box store. Let your imagination go wild!! Halloween, Valentines, Easter, 4th of July...Birthdays.  Very affordable!

No comments: