Saturday, August 31, 2013

Camping

 We were fortunate to find that our old camp site was unoccupied last week when we ventured finally out with friends and our two gypsy wagons.  Actually we have some nice trailers with most of the comforts of home...even a microwave, fireplace and we have one of those noisy generators to assure us of continued power.  So my buddy and I gathered our construction adhesive, pvc pipe and funnels along with assorted other "junk", to work on more birdhouses.  Although hers is actually a birdhouse, I wanted to work on a castle which I had envisioned for my backyard garden.  Our intent is to build a small stream and I want to set some small examples of abodes to grace the landscape. 
 Not yet finished of course, but on a small hill above the stream and along with some of my other visionaries, I can see it now.  I was looking at birdhouses on line and came upon some Gypsy Wagons.  Wow, my brain was in overdrive with ideas for a birdhouse I have had for some time.  It was built as a sheep wagon by a man here in Saratoga several years ago for my painting class.  I could never quite get an idea for it, but now I know it will also be perched on the hillside beside the stream. I have already started painting it and pictures will follow. 

This collection of beads below were found in two locations at our camp.  Because the area is free range for cattle, the existing fire pit was littered with cow patties and we decided to move it.  (My one little dog loves to perfume himeself with these).  As we sat by the fire the first evening, I spotted a little gold bead and then another.  Upon further inspection, I found several beads and each day thereafter found one or two more beads.  The last evening as I was walking toward the trailer I spotted a larger wooden bead and then several more.  These were at the base of a downed tree and I found the other two gold beads as well as several more wooden beads.  Perhaps a camp robber or chipmunk decided to cash them for later, but what an interesting find!
We found a rake and an old tool of some sort, but the weather was beautiful and the evening sunsets spectacular and the entire 4 days totally relaxing.  More to follow.

No comments: