Friday, September 13, 2013

Got a paddle?

 For all of those poor people in Colorado who are affected by the floods, our thoughts are with them.  It is being called a 500 year flood. Roads washed out, dams overflowing and evacuations in places no one would have imagined.  Up to 15 inches in some places and people are stranded, some without power, sewer, etc.  It appears that this may be clearing in areas, but not everywhere.  I remember in 1976 when over 100 people were killed in the Big Thompson Flood, but at least now communication and technology allow warnings so much earlier. Within the last two minutes, I 25 is closed since the Big Thompson is flooding. Above, an area near Bennett Peak, which as the crow flys is just a few miles from my back porch, but when we drove it last week, it took at least an hour to reach.  Across ranch land, through private and public lands, the journey was really pretty.  We did find lots of chokecherries, which surprised us and NO, I did not pick any.  We "Geocasche" some and did place a new casche and will watch to see if anyone finds it. I always marvel at Mother Nature and the beauty which surrounds us.


 Gypsy Wagon....Which was to be a sheep wagon!!...I love this little birdhouse and next year, when our little water feature is completed, I plan to have a little village near the water source.  Some people have garden railroads, but I will have a garden town and although I am not sure that the birds will actually inhabit my rentals, it will be fun to landscape with small plants and rocks.   The wheels are handles for outside faucets.
The castle is now complete and will be accessed by a bridge over a moat I hope.  With an old funnel and lamp parts and a hose nozzle, the roof is completed on all 4 sections.  

Just heard that the entire town of Lyons is being evacuated...3 deaths reported so far.










No comments: