Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A little of this 'n that

 Several years ago, I taught a painting class here in Saratoga and a man here made several different birdhouses for the class. This was a sheep wagon and I never could decide how to finish it.  We plan to build a stream and small water landscape area in our back yard, as we have almost always had a water feature.  I have been researching a little and intend to build more birdhouses for the backyard. That is where the castle will reside and I want some various examples of birdhouses there also. Soooo...I came upon some Gypsy Wagons which are so very ornate and beautiful!!!  I am an embellisher and these seemed perfect for this little birdhouse.  Above in the beginning stage, I will have it finished in another post and the castle is getting it's top pieces attached.  The hardware store provides a myriad of adornments and the wheels are going to be the round brightly painted handles on outdoor faucets. (technical name will be addressed).
 Looking at my collection of potential blog photos, I found this one of Coalette....she always helps me blog although her typing ability sucks and misspelled words get deleted.
This also is an earlier photo, but this past two weeks, the sunsets have been beyond description and so this is just an example of what we get to see most evenings.  The antelope have begun to herd up and although the trees haven't yet started to turn, small signs of fall are appearing.  We are taking a trek this weekend as museum members over the "Overland Trail".  An important part of History, especially so close to us, this area has long been on our list of "to do's".  Will update after the weekend.

"Choice, not chance determines destiny." ~ Anonymous

No comments: