Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fire in the sky

 Yesterday morning there was fire in the sky and this was taken toward the east from my patio.  The other was toward the west and even in that direction, they sky was lovely!!!  I also pulled the living room blind to see deer on the front lawn. The antelope are elsewhere on the prairie, but the deer will spend the winter sleeping in my yard now. We will occasionally see the coyotes, fox, badger, moose and weasels, but the bald eagle perches daily in the tree south of us and the deer are here every evening.
 Snow arrived as predicted, but only a small amount and the temperature is proof that winter has arrived!!  With that in mind, time to turn to indoor activities and below is the first of many projects I have planned for my summer craft retreat with dear friends. Picked up at a thrift shop, I scored 6 wine glasses for $5.00 and this is my version of a painting project for the gals.  My mind is thinking of jack'o lanterns, witches, Santas, lop-eared bunnies.....endless new projects for painting.  With the tea lights on top, what do you think?
"It is said that we do not make our friends, that we simply recognize them." ~ Faith Baldwin

No comments: