Thursday, January 9, 2014

New year news

 The new year is upon us and with that, my to do list is a top priority.  The Mr. had a birthday, went to a pool tournament and I took a few days to rest and finally whip this virus I think.  On the "list"...start to prepare for summer retreat projects, one of which is the stepping stone with glass insert.  The moose above is one I did more than a decade ago and is still very much intact so my hope is that everyone will have a finished stone with which they will be pleased.  My intention was to do just glass moose.  However, I find that I don't have enough glass to do as many as I want and have realized how much work they are.  Below I have set up cutting and grinding stations in my sewing room, craft area and art studio and the past two days, only have two moose bodies done..  Still having to cut the feet, beard, ears and antlers, I have decided to do some other animals as well, taking into consideration each of the girl's personalities and the glass on hand.  I still have more grinding to do on the 2 moose, but the difficult part is done.  So I have chosen a couple of different rabbits and perhaps some bears.  We'll see!

The other projects will be a winter banner, painted, and the wine class Santa or snowman candle holder as well as the lighted bottles. 

I went to lunch with a friend yesterday and we stopped at a new shop which is opening in Encampment...In there I spotted an old sewing machine and the cabinet intrigued me.  Unlike any other that I have seen, I debated the purchase of same, and my better judgement at the moment got the best of me.  After all, how many machines is too many?  But, lest you think it is not on my mind--it still haunts me. I am still going to try to go back for a better look.  It was covered with dozens of homemade soaps for sale and I did buy one of those thinking that purchase would satisfy me.  It didn't!

The seed and bulb catalogs have begun to clog the post office boxes and my new garden magazine arrived.  Declaring NOT to garden here when we relocated, I am finding it impossible to keep my hands out of the soil. Having a good friend and wonderful gardener in my midst who showers me with extra plants, I am also going to have to enlarge my beds.  (Also on my to do list.)

"Flowers are loves truest language." ~ Park Benjamin

No comments: