Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Summer projects

 I have the main bodies of two bunnies and two moose completed....still need some small details.  I also need one more bunny and at least two bears.  These will be placed face down on clear contact paper, placed in the bottom of a form coated with petroleum jelly, and covered with cement.  There is a lot more to the project...but that will come later.

I need to grind more on the moose legs as they are a bit chubby and the horns....well they are a bit more complex.  I will finish the bears and other bunny first.  I hope to recruit one of the girls to help and I promise to feed her.  Hopefully when the weather gets better .

I have been drawn to the sewing machine the past couple of days.  It has been a learning experience and I was fortunate to have the Mr. here to help pull the wheel off with some equipment he had so that we could clean it.  My hands looked like a mechanic's...old dirty greasy grime on them.  After all it appeared to have 100 years of accumulated gunk on it.  Oil, steel wool, tooth brushes and rags and some stupidity along the way in that I broke the belt after the Mr. put it on, added to my education.  We have since ordered a new belt and I have yet to tackle the bobbin.  It has been a satisfying experience to say the least...I am learning that these old machines are pretty straight forward in their construction and they can be taken apart and put back together again unlike the new machines.

"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you. ~ Aldous Huxley


No comments: