Monday, February 24, 2014

Saying goodbye

It is with a heavy heart that I have had to say goodbye to a dear friend.  I worked for a wonderful man for nearly 15 years and now that red-headed Irishman has gone to meet his maker.  We were born in the same year, in the same month, a few hours apart and from the day I began my employment with him, it was evident that I would be his confidant.  I had never met him, never even heard of him before I applied for the job as his secretary.  Never has there been a man with a bigger heart, more compassionate, or more lust for life.  He had his demons though and somehow I know as I witnessed his battles with them, they took a toll on his life.  I am witness to others who are struggling with these demons and know that until they are honest with themselves and chose to do something about this fight, I can do nothing.  May they find peace.

No comments: