Thursday, February 27, 2014

Friends

 A couple of weeks ago the Mr. and I went to a pool tournament in Colorado and I got to spend the day with a really good friend and we went "junkin".  Of course, we had lunch too and we had such a great day.  I was able to score a few things on my ever changing list but at the end of the day when we had to bid adieu, she gave me this beautiful wreath.  It so reflects our way of life and our decorating style!!!  It will hang year 'round here.  Thank you dear friend.
I also got a call from a niece who was at a flea market and she let me know that she had found a small rolling pin for me...I posted a picture of the ones I have collected earlier on, but I found one too so again, pieces that remind me of days gone by.  Simpler days for sure are gone, but do little girls even use rolling pins any more?  There is a quest for some new moms to find a healthier lifestyle for their families and blogs now to actually do more of the things their grandmother's did, but do they make pie crust from scratch and do their daughters use little wooden rolling pins?  We did.

My other dear friend came over last week and we had lunch and junked a little bit.  For our craft retreat we plan a project to put lights in bottles, etc. and we found old glass blocks for $6.00 each.  We were only able to get 4 but that will be enough with the other items we have. New blocks are available, but for crafting, they are expensive and we are into "cheap" and recycling is even better.
I will be posting some of the projects later.

"True frinedship comes when silence between two people is comfortable." ~ Dave Tyson Gentry

No comments: