Friday, July 10, 2015

back to Wy


 So we had a great visit with the "baby boy" who is now 47 years old and our wonderful daughter-in law and our granddaughter.  Thank goodness for this younger kid and technology.  I had gotten an iPad and was really getting frustrated with my inability to understand the terms being prompted in order to get everything up and going and my poor daughter was trying to help me via phone....I was in tears.  So the young kid got me on track.  There are so many things we are expected to know and no manuals with any device today.  But also thanks to these devices, I did not miss a phone call from and old classmate.  We are all old, but I grew up with about 7 or 8 classmates, all from first grade to graduation.  Our graduating class was only a few more...about 10 or so.  We went to the same church for the most part, went to the skating rink, went to slumber parties (well not the boys), went to birthday parties, the movies etc.   All like a family and our parents all knew each other.  I got the call while traveling and he had contacted each of the others by phone just to share new and to stay in touch.  Thanks Dan!!!

Below, are 2 pix of the iPad pouch I made for packing this device of which I have now become fond. The fabric is the Wyoming fabric and our state now is celebrating our 125th anniversary this year, in fact today.



 Now to my back yard.  For years, I have been keeping a photo of a inukshuk.  Look it up!
Anyway, I also love rocks so finally I have been able to build mine in my back yard.
Does it resemble some of the structures that sheepherders build as they watch their flocks even today?More about this next time....gotta go.

No comments: