Friday, July 31, 2015

week of crafting

 I am so struggling with the operation changes of these new devices.  I took photos with my iPad of our week of crafting and cannot figure out how to put them on my blog from that device so here are 3 of the totems that I made.  So sorry that I don't have the girls' things as they are gone.  We made pinecone angels, 3 totems each, painted birdhouses and some wooden initials (our last name initial).
 We ate lots of wonderful food, probably gained a ton and thoroughly enjoyed our week together. I will get a couple of the birdhouses posted, but will continue to work on the other pictures.
So next year we have decided to make miniature gardens and are already planning for that project.  I did get to take one afternoon and was able to show them the Encampment museum and they bought tickets on the quilt that the Senior center quilted.

We have all known each other for years, over 45 for some of us and try to get together several times a year and joke about our "Golden plus" years...would that be "Rust"? Does that come after silver and gold?  Anyway we will have many good memories when we are rusting away in a nursing home perhaps.  I had a cousin and 2 of her roommates long before they passed and after retirement, spend time with us years ago and we used to call them the "Golden Girls".  We now find ourselves in that era.  Hopefully, we will be doing these silly things for years to come.  So with remnants of glue gun spider webs and silicone and gold spray paint on my manicured nails, stay tuned for more silly stuff.

"Friendship is the golden thread that ties us together." ~ Anonymous

No comments: