Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Other things

 This is just a collection of things we have done over a period of time.  The Mr is working on a leather cuff and between us, we adapted a pattern from a picture I saw.  We have a Tandy shop here so embellishments are available to look at and I have picked a jeweled piece for the center.  I haven't totally decided if I want it painted (the feathers) or if I want him to stain it.  Leather cuffs are really in style and several people are making them from tooled belts.  However, we have the leather in stock and can design just about anything, size, tooling (thanks to the Mr) dye color etc.  I think he has done a great job! Will post the finished cuff later.

This quilt is one I made several years ago, but the real score is the quilt rack.  Our quilt organization gave us an opportunity to grab some items, fabric, batting, and books at a meeting last month and I scored this brass quilt rack for $5.00.  Turns out it belonged to a quilter I know so that makes it extra special!
 Another score are the tall candle sticks.  Actually they are turned pieced from a staircase as one end was cut at a slant, but the Mr. again came to my rescue and with trusty saw (one of the few tools we kept when we moved) made them level again.  They are quite large and I painted some old jar lids to put the candles in and chose to leave the original finish on them for the time being.  What I noticed later is that they actually are not a matched set...one is a bit larger than the other, but I am OK with that.  These too, were a $5.00 purchase at a shop here at Christmas.
This week, I have a friend coming and we have a painting project planned.  She loves old barns and pictures of old barns.  But she also wants to replicate a picture of a barn quilt.  We have purchased a weathered board plaque and will post pictures of our projects later in the week.

I have just taken banana bread out of the oven, finished a batch of chocolate biscotti and have a pineapple upside down cake started...can you smell the goodness?

1 comment:

Mary said...

I have to get rest now; just reading what you are doing made me very tired!