Monday, March 27, 2017

Three delights, patterns, concert, quilt shop trip

 Aren't they great!  Unless you sew or quilt or are in to vintage things, (otherwise junk to some), you won't understand my glee. I have been looking for these for years and I found them last weekend with my junkin' friend! The original prices on these patterns, which are complete, was 15 to 35 cents and I paid about 95 cents for each.  That certainly is inflation, but patterns today are as much as $15.00.  Who knew?  Michaels had the frames on sale for $5.00 and they were exactly what I was hunting.



So framed on my wall in the sewing room, next to a small quilt, they are perfect and I love 'em.
We went to a concert this weekend and even we sat in the nosebleed section, it was well worth it.
Barrage 8, a stringed group of 8 plus am amazing drummer, consists of 3 men and 5 women on violins, violas, bases and some other instruments.  They were so very talented and so full of energy, which explains why the gals were so thin.  Really it was an enjoyable evening.  If the weather holds, and that is always debatable, I am off to a quilt shop adventure this week.  I am so needing it!

"A multitude of small DELIGHTS constitute happiness. ~ Charles Baudelaire

No comments: