Tuesday, October 15, 2019

As promised

 As I promised, I am blogging a bit more often.  As each day passes, I see a great deal of progress in getting our belongings placed and in becoming residents of Washington.  In my wildest dreams I would never have imagined living here.  Most of my 74 years has been spent in the Rocky Mountain regions of Colorado and Wyoming. With the exception of the 3 months I spent in California after my birth there and the better part of the time the Mr. was in the service, it was in Pierce Colorado where I was reared and in the southern part of Wyoming where our children grew up and where we worked and retired. (that's a long sentence) Anyway, I am finding it an easy transition so far and it is beginning to feel like home.  Just getting our "stuff" here is a big part of that.  I have gone through all of my sewing "stuff" and have made a vow to myself to either finish my UFO's or ditch them.  With that in mind I have carefully sorted and actually found all of the patterns (thank you Becky) to my myriad of quilt blocks for quilts started and never completed.  I had neglected to keep them with the blocks when I packed.  This is a large block so perhaps it won't take too long to get them done.  There will be 20 so I only need 12 more. hmmmmm....
Now something else I have to adjust to is the altitude or lack of.  Again, as I have nearly always baked at altitudes higher than a mile high..I made or attempted to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  Yuk! Although they don't taste too bad, they looked and baked unsatisfactory to what I think a chocolate chip cookie should be. Gotta get onto that as my cookie baking season is nearly upon me and I have discovered great neighbors here where I can distribute my wares.  I can cook some, but I really love to bake (and eat my goodies of course), so it is imperative that I solve this culinary dilemma. I will pick another quilt pattern next time to decide if it will be scrapped or finished and I have a black and white project with which I am several months behind.

"Today I will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case I will eat a cookie."

No comments: