Thursday, October 17, 2019

Puppy Love

 Our Dogs are reaching the ripe ol' age of at least 12 years? and with a new sofa, they have not been allowed on the furniture.  Don't feel sorry for them, they have nice plush beds.  We also pitched the small stools they used to jump up on the bed.  Yes they are spoiled.  I have a Lane Cedar chest that the Mr. bought for me on our 1st anniversary nearly 57 years ago and in this home, it is at the end of our bed.  3 days ago after carefully making the bed and putting all of the pillows in their place, the little guy with only 3 good legs jumped up on the chest and limped to the pillows where he immediately made himself a comfy spot under the pillows.  The Mr. and I just looked at him and did not have the heart to make him move.  Then yesterday, Roger decided that if it was good enough for Spencer, it would certainly be fine for him.  This shot was taken this morning just as we finished making the bed and my camera was close by so ..........

 I forgot to flip this picture of these quilt strips but they are the pieces for the remaining 12 squares for the quilt block I put on the last post which I am determined to finish so yesterday afternoon I set about to cut them all.  Now how long will it take me to stitch them?

Before I did that, the Mr. had a couple of small projects that needed to be done.  First, we had four bar stools in the last home and decided to bring only two.  These two were at a taller bar in the basement and we should have brought the shorter ones.  In the past this has happened so he simply cut 4 inches off each of the 8 legs and now they work here quite well.  In addition, the room where I sew is a small bedroom and the lighting is horrible.  I have 3 lamps, one at each station but it was still not good lighting for sewing at all, so as in the previous sewing room, I had a stained glass fixture which I made eons ago which worked well and he installed it yesterday also.  Now I have lots of light.

Also yesterday, since we have nearly cleared the garage for the car (the rain has begun), he ordered his new pool table and light.  It will be delivered in a couple of weeks and that will be the last room to be furnished.  Most of what is left to do are some larger projects in the house, but nothing pressing and as with any older home, upkeep is always ongoing.  More about that later.

"Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail." - unknown

No comments: