Tuesday, June 9, 2020

New Normal

 I finally got out to the shop last Friday.  Masks and sanitizer have become the new normal.  How long will this last?  I find it still difficult to have a conversation with someone and the social distancing has really put a damper on "MY NORMAL".  This little weathergram, which was made and given to me Friday by my motivator Kathy, helps to inspire me to paint.  The tulip on the front and the feather on the back as well as the message, were artfully done on brown paper bag.  I was instructed to hang it outdoors where the rain will fall on it.  There is no real damage from the wind and rain.  Amazing!  The message is "dance in the wind".  The wind rarely blows here and it has never blown anything like we had in Wyoming so far.  However it has blown a bit today and although I did not dance in the wind, I did walk in it.  The temperature was 63 degrees, wonderfully comfortable and the sun was shinning between the gentle sprinkles.  We also got to Hobby Lobby this morning with very few shoppers, I was able to get more art supplies.

I hung the weather gram from my ladder outside and it fluttered in the wind and rain.  If posts are less frequent, it is the new normal, staying home and going nowhere and having no social life.

"Nobody can be in good health if he does not have fresh air, sunshine and good water."  ~ 

1 comment:

Debbie Baldwin said...

I’m glad you have adjusted to your new home. It’s so quiet here and I miss our socializing. I talk to Jeannie often, taking things to her and checking on how she’s doing. Everyone else is quiet. All our Tuesdays were cancelled at the beginning of March and the library is still closed until further notice.
CHQ is having their first in-person board meeting tonight. It will nice to see masked faces.
Cheyenne is just very quiet. Miss you and all the chatter.