Sunday, January 6, 2008

Gardening and Snow



The stained glass piece is now tack-soldered.  I am still having difficulty getting clear images of some of my projects, even with the macros on...so this is the best I have at this time of my pine cones.  It is done on a crackled surface with a pretty high gloss glaze and will be the project for our next painting group.  
With the arrival of the first of the seed catalogs, those of us who need to get our hands in the earth are drooling over the gorgeous blooms that flood over every page.  Even the plump tomatoes and the brightly colored peppers.  Yumo!  Oops!  That's Rachael's line isn't it.  Erica and I discussed all of the things we wanted to do this spring in the gardens.  She has such a large garden area and slowly is getting is transformed from lawn to veggies and other delectibles.  Michael has become a wonderful gardener and landscaper too and since I didn't have much time when they were growing up to do this, it must just be in their blood.  My dad always had a beautiful garden.  Check out www.burpee.com for some of their new plants and heirloom varieties also.
We are buried in snow and more in the forecast leaves me only to my gardening dreams. But I keep up my spirit with the thought that we should not let the weeds grow around our dreams.

No comments: