Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Painting

Raggedy Ann and Andy painted on an old Christmas cookie tin and simple roses painted on both a greeting card blank as well as an old quilt book whose dust jacket wore out years ago, are two of our upcoming projects.  These will be for Valentine's Day!

I need to be painting!! But I need to be painting all the little chips in my cupboards, on my walls, etc.  I do this several times a year and it wouldn't be so difficult if I painted everything the same color. Noooooosireeee!! I painted every room and every cupboard project a different color and we have Hot Rot red in the family room where the dogs sleep at night.  They are also confined there when we are gone, but they have a great red leather love seat and chair in which to lounge.  It also allows them access to the windows so they can see all of the action while we are gone.  Keeps them from being bored but their toenails chip the paint on the walls under the windows while they practice being guard dogs and bark their flipping heads off!!! I need to be painting!!  And speaking of that again, we found a gentleman here who is willing to make birdhouses for us.  I have only seen one in the shape of an outhouse, but he has brought one of the gals in our group about 10 and she tells me they are all different.  One is a cantina and one is a tugboat and so on.  I am so anxious to see them and he is only charging $10.00. Yeah!! Something else to paint.  If it stands still in my house, it gets painted.  It was minus 21 degrees here and I am so wanting to plant something and get my hands in the warm earth!  Is it spring yet?
"There is no time like Spring, when life's alive in everything. - Christina Rosetti

No comments: