Thursday, April 24, 2008

At the left is the stained glass panel I constructed for light from the ugly florescent fixture above the stove to shine through. I used the two colors from the previously posted shades as well as two frosted and beveled squares. My counter tops are persimmon so I am stuck with accenting with shades of orange, but that is the compliment of blue on the color wheel so it works for me! This also, Erica is a respectable house, so--no jelly bean colors allowed.




Now look at the fish and plain tiles that I made and have installed and grouted. I cannot seal the grout for about two weeks and please ignore the grout residue on the counter. I was so
anxious to get the picture that I didn't notice all
of the residue which is very apparent on the top.
I used a colored grout which was nearly the same
hue as the fired clay on the tiles. As you can see
the glaze nearly matches the counter top color and I just got lucky there.








A close-up here.


We are off to another pool tournament this weekend and we are finished with classes so I can get down to serious business of gardening which is also another form of therapy for me. Debby came for coffee this week and we had such a good visit. She had one of the last two calves arrive on Tuesday and perhaps I will try to get some pictures this next week. There is nothing so pretty as a baby calf's face. Their large gorgeous eyes are beautifully framed with long lashes.
By the way, it is snowin' again today. Curses!!


"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere."--Vincent Van Gogh

No comments: