Thursday, April 17, 2008

Catch-up

As you can see, below is the finished lamp which now hangs above the new table. Pretty cool? And as a result, I have been painting the kitchen cupboards. You see, there were 3 stained glass shades hanging previously here and since I had constructed them, I still wanted to use them. Long story. Picture to follow in another post. Anyway, they now hang above my kitchen island and above my dining room table. They are, however, a cream and funky blue, and my kitchen was caramel creme and a pale green. This was way too many colors, so I opted to try to match the blue and cream. So since I only have 36 drawers and doors plus a pantry, it has taken me the better part of this week and I have at least two days left. I have gotten behind with my blog.
This is the other picture of the fish tiles and I hope to fire the last of the tiles tomorrow in order to complete the bathroom.
Last week we finally finished up the last of the birdhouse. This is the back side. Between inclement weather, spring break, vacation and deaths, not to mention a birthday or two, and one of our girls leaving for a couple of months, we are finished with classes up at the Whistle Pig. We have tried to meet just as a group of a few just to paint with no real instruction, in order to stay in touch with each other and finish up projects. We still have a valentine project that we couldn't get together to finish. With spring here (I don't really think it is), I am really itching to get out and work in the yard.
I spoke with Debby last week and she still didn't have her last two calves. Today, the Mr. decided to drain the pond and put fresh water in the pond so he started the pump which feeds the stream, and is re-filling the pond. As I was at the sink this evening, Merle and Pearl, the two turtle doves came to drink. They had not seen the stream before and of course, the pond wasn't very full. They were curious, but didn't know what to make of the running water in the stream and couldn't access the water in the pond from the edge. They wandered around the yard for quite a while, pecking at seeds I suppose on the ground, before flying away. It was cold and windy out today, but the sun was shining. We still do need some moisture in spite of the snow all winter and a little rain would be welcome. But...

"If you pray for rain, be prepared to deal with a little mud."

No comments: