Thursday, August 21, 2008

Clean-up

Remember when you were a kid and were told to clean up your room? I shared a room with two sisters and a brother for a time and then got my own room, such as it was. It was an addition to the back door which included a porch of sorts. Mom did her washing there on an old wringer machine, and our deep freezer was there and we did the separating of milk and cream on that old contraption of a separator. A small room which became my bedroom was there also and the enclosure to the cellar was also part of that addition. Daddy did it all with his own two hands and the house still stands there as it did those many years ago. But since my room was so small, there wasn't much to clean when the time came. However, I remember going through that learning process with my two kiddos. One kept a fairly neat room and I finally learned to close the door on the other. The pile of clothes on the floor was very clearly not "dirty". I was told it was in various stages of cleanliness. I learned!! Anyway, I am cleaning up my folder of photos so the posted pics for a few posts might not be pertinent to the blog. Above is my Chocolate Rudbeckia...depending on the light, sometimes more chocolate than orange. The other photo is of a squirrel the beagle found up a tree and couldn't entice down. Look closely--it really is there! The other clean-up is the one taking place as we pack for our move. When you move every 4 years or so, it would seem that excess baggage would be eliminated. Not so! I swear that I accumulate more junk than anyone. We have sorted, and deliberated about treasures to the point of confusion. As the deadline to be out nears, it has become apparent that our children, when we are gone to the happy hunting ground, will be in charge of the decision to pitch or keep. Until then, we will keep on lugging around our excess baggage and forget about the cleaning up process. It is all in various stages of necessity or cleanliness! Whatever!

No comments: