Friday, August 29, 2008

'Til we meet again

Well, this has been an historic day hasn't it? John McCain announced that Sara "Baracuda" will be his running mate. Alaska must be so proud of their Governor. As I reflect on this, I realize that I have lived to see a great deal of history in my short life. I remember when the word "God" was added to the Pledge of Allegiance. It wasn't always there. I remember when our first launch into space took place. (Our bus driver had us all sing "God Bless America".) I remember exactly where I was when John F. Kennedy was assassinated. That was about the same time the company I worked for had the first computer. It took up an entire room. The bookkeeping department had a calculator that was so large it was on a table that was wheeled around. I remember my first "transister" radio...what a thrill. I could carry it with me the way people carry IPODS now. So much for reflection. I plan to see a lot more history take place.

As summer will soon give way to fall, the picture is of the creek we camped near this summer and in which the Mr. pans for those few flecks of sparkling gold. The flowers will be gone and the stream icy, and the meadows and valleys covered with snow. We had a wonderful time camping and look forward to next year and more adventures. This will probably be my last post for a while. The movers will be here in a few days and it will no doubt take us a while to get settled enough to be back on line. Keep checking on me though as I WILL BE BACK!
"Happy Trails to You, 'Til We Meet Again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope your move goes smoothly and that you settle into a new happy home!