Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Decisions

I don't think I posted the finished vintage chair and glider that I finally finished just before the move so here it is and if I did....sorry. What can I say-I'm getting old and forgetful. I am finding it a great excuse, the getting old part. My new neighbor, Ingrid, is 79 and really struggling with health problems. She has such a sense of humor though and when I ask her how she is, she just replies "I can't breath and my bones are falling apart, but other than that, I can't complain." I can still breath and my bones are not too bad, but the memory thing ....I am not sure about. We are needing to get new carpeting in the entire house, but for now are doing the living room, guest and master bedroom and hallway. These rooms are big and that is a lot of carpet and making the decision on type and color are almost overwhelming. In addition, we are starting to get the primer on the exterior. The Mr. has used about 9 tubes of caulking and we bought more today. It has been so time consuming to scrape and caulk for the Mr. and the house is so tall on half of it that this is a major project. Will post pictures later. I have to make decisions now on paint for the interior, based on the carpet I choose and wallpaper for the wall that I am stripping...still. This about day 6 I think and I am hoping to be finished tomorrow with that project. Yuk!! Who puts wallpaper on an unpainted, un-primed wall. We have however made a decision on the exterior paint colors, if we ever get to that point and really, I shouldn't say "we" as the Mr. has been doing that. This post is just to let all know that we are still alive, haven't had the time to call anyone this week, but please be sure that we think of you.

No comments: