Thursday, April 21, 2011

Quilting

If it would ever quit raining and dry out and if the wind would quit blowing, I really need to get outside and work in the yard. I have seedlings struggling to get any sun...they are getting so "leggy" I may have to knit leggings for them! So I stay in and quilt. This is the wonky log cabin I am working on now which will be a queen size quilt and as you can see, it has been a good place for me to practice my free motion stitches. Each square is quilted differently and I have discovered what stitches I won't use again and which ones I really love. The leaves are particularly easy and I like the way they are looking on this project.

I do hope to get started on the teapot and light projects this weekend. With the construction project downstairs, which will entail more painting eventually, and the fencing needed on the garden (if the weather ever permits), and the 101 other things on the list...who knows?

My little dogs keep chasing the bunnies out of the yard so I imagine that if the Easter Bunny comes near our home, he will not stay long enough to leave goodies. I really don't need any goodies, but I am reminded of the time when our son was in 2nd grade, and I eagerly volunteered to hide eggs in our large yard for his class to hide. That was so much fun watching them search in the unkempt spring weeds and grasses. With school out in summer and me working to keep the weeds from taking control of the garden and strawberry beds, I had uncovered at least half dozen of rotten hard boiled eggs that the children had missed.

No comments: