Friday, April 15, 2011

Thing to come



Today I traveled with 3 other gals across the border (the line that separates Wyoming and Colorado) to "The Ranch" where 18 different vendors displayed their wares and wonderful quilts! It was a one stop shop hop and the individual shops in this region will continue to offer discounts if you visit their shops in the next few weeks. The goal now, is to visit these shops and as I understand it from fellow quilters, it is a lot of fun! I saw some old friends and learned a great deal from both the vendors and the quilters with whom I traveled...so thanks to all!

Today was also a little sad. I am still awaiting news about a dear friend in Tuscon who fell and broke her hip and is in surgery as I write this and I also had news today that the sister of my best friend passed. Thoughts are with both families.

As we slowly continue to finish and decorate the basement I dug out these baby dresses and sweater which were mine as a wee one. In the cedar chest, these things just sit waiting for a life. I decided to hang them where I could see them on a daily basis as we have no babies to wear them.

Things to come....well a blog or two back I mentioned that my daughter gets me sidetracked at times..bless her soul. So I have been collecting and searching my stash for goods with which to start on projects for my summer retreat with my crafting gals. The teapots will be houses for birds to nest in and the plates will become antique light fixtures, lamps etc. As I complete these projects, I will post, but this is just a preview of things to come.

I have started some seedlings and have emerging from the soil, spinach, cabbage, a sunflower, cosmos and more. Now I need some sunny days and warm weather as my home doesn't have many sunny windows. I am ready to be out in the garden!

"There is no time like Spring, when life's alive in everything." ~ Christina Rosetti

No comments: