Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Unfinished business

Tea anyone? My daughter sent me a link to a crafty blogger and this is my version of the teapot birdhouse she sent which I totally fell in love with. Drilling the holes in the teapot was a disaster and I knew better than to try a large bit first, but I am a little impatient. First of all,when you are using a drill press, it is much easier to control the drilling process. Try drilling with a hand held drill, holding the pot with the other hand and trying to keep water on the surface to cool the entire thing. I could have asked for help, but I need to know that I can do this as it will be a project for summer and the girls expect me to know what to do. (Mom can do anything can't she?) I ended up breaking the bottom of the pot, but since I was using only a fence board and I was able to make that pretty with my scroll saw, I decided that I could drill small holes in the board and attach the pot by securing copper wire wrapped around the handle and spout through the holes in the board. This can then be screwed to a fence or post. Voila! I still intend to work at this project and tweak it a bit.

A few posts ago I promised to show the "Spinning Stars" table project, which was the result of a quilt class that I took so here it is. Such a simple project and just a version of another quilt which I finished and will post eventually also.

"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you." ~ Aldous Huxley

No comments: