Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sylvia's Sampler blocks


Finally, all of the blocks for my sampler quilt have been completed. Deciding how to assemble them will be the next obstacle. At my quilt guild meeting this week, one of the girls who was hand quilting there, showed me a new pin she had received. Jennifer Chiaverini who is the author of the quilt series inspiring this sampler, offers pins to accompany the books which she is signing. I am still trying to navigate her blog. I want one of these pins!!!! Having read several of her books, I realized that I am way behind on this series and have to get busy.

On another note, this week has been motivational for me as I have received two project ideas for the craft retreat which takes me to the cabin at Elk Mtn during the summer. As soon as I finish the examples I will post them. One from my daughter is a bird nesting box, using a china teapot. It is really cute and the other is a reproduction antique lamp, using a china plate. This idea came from the very generous gal who is our hostess for the summer retreat. I can hardly wait to start working on these two projects!

"The mind grows by what it feeds on." ~ Josiah Gilbert Holland

No comments: