Wednesday, December 7, 2011

On the 1st day of Christmas

It's not really the first day of Christmas, but with lots to do, I will try to get all 12 days in here.  I love Christmas, mostly because I get to display all of my trees and my many old ornaments.  This little guy sits in a crock amongst my many rolling pins in my kitchen so all of the ornaments are miniature pots, teacups, sifters, etc...stuff related to the kitchen.  Finally today, I did get some baking in.  Cookies, cookies and more cookies and even a cheesecake.

This week has been a sad one for relatives and friends..
My husband lost an aunt, my sister lost a mother-in-law and my friend lost her mother.  Our thoughts and prayers are with their families.
                                                                    
A few years ago, a friend gave me a "goldfish"
plant.  I am sure it has another name.  When I left Saratoga 3 years ago, I was not in a position to bring every single plant so I gave my sister-in-law my plant.  After we were settled, I got a start from her and I now have a "goldfish bloom" on mine.  Friends come and go, but I get to see this friend about once a year briefly and this plant will always be a special one...
Almost every morning I get up before the sun does in the winter.  That comes I believe, from all of those early mornings as a child when there were chores to do before we got ready to catch the school bus in the wee hours of the morning.  I find mornings a peaceful quiet time and as you can see here, so do the furkids!  Lazy canines! This is where they land as they follow me from the bedroom EVERY morning and they stay here until I fix their breakfast.  Hildy does have one chore though.  She does venture out to the front porch to retrieve my paper.  Picture to follow!




















No comments: