Friday, February 10, 2012

Crafting again

 I knew yesterday that I was in for a rough weekend.  Woke up with one of those head colds that suggests impending misery!  Today my head felt like it would explode and my sinuses are so sluggish, I find it nearly impossible to breath.  Roger and I took a nap after lunch and I do feel a bit better.  I really don't have the time to be sick.  I missed my workout at CURVES and a UFO (unfinished object) quilt meeting today. 

The tray project is finished.  A great place to make notes, the blackboard pleases me.
The large tray, and you can see by the yardstick, that it is pretty big was given to me by my mother-in-law about 45 years ago and in the past, held my silver tea service.  I really am not into serving on or with silver, but have kept the tray.  After my earlier post about the trays I saw, I knew this would be perfect for a vacant spot on my dining room wall.  Not wanting to paint on the tray, I used a piece of vinyl flooring as the surface.  The backside of this flooring works as a great surface and I had taught a floor cloth class using this as a canvas.  So with a coat of gesso, and you can paint anything with gesso, and a couple of coats of flat black paint sealed with an 
acrylic spray, it was born.  I was not wanting to buy a large can of blackboard paint, and with my past experience with the alternative method, I knew it would work fine.  I used adhesive back velcro to adhere it soundly to the tray and I am loving it.

No comments: