Sunday, February 5, 2012

More projects

 OK, I have been away from this blog for a few days, but life happens!  At night sometimes, my brain works so rapidly, that I know I have to prioritize my projects because my life isn't going to last long enough to finish all that I want. This piece of glass as you can see, incorporates two small plates, one just a candy dish and the other a blue depression piece.  I saw a similar art piece years ago in a magazine and knew that I would do it one day.  I lost the example, but luckily one of my dear friends had kept the same magazine and I found it while looking at her stash last year. These pictures show the piece in the foiling progress and although I have begun soldering, it still sits unfinished as I have other fish to fry before I die.  (Honestly, I jest as I plan to live forever!)
 This past week we had a snow storm that could have been a doozy, but luckily for us, most of it went south, so for us it was only a typical winter snow.  The boys below, both being imports from Missouri, don't much care for the cold and snow so they stayed warm by snuggling together on the couch.  That doesn't happen very often, but they have begun to bond a little more it seems.
Three of my quilting buddies decided to take a FART (fabric acquisition road trip) before the storm last week so we traveled across the border to the greenie state and they have wonderful fabric shops. We also had a great lunch and found a new vintage shop that was WONDERFUL!  One of the blackboard projects on silver platters has already been given birth downstairs in my studio and I can hardly wait to share it with my friends.  So the teapot glass project is still unfinished, but will hang in my kitchen soon I am sure! (along with the blackboard project of course!)

No comments: