Monday, December 23, 2013

More days of Christmas

 I have been trying to get well, but it has been too long now and I am just having to weather the darned virus!!  Thank goodness I don't have to go anywhere or be anywhere.  We had friends in for snacks and soup on Friday eve and they were all trying also to recover from this ugly viral monster so we felt that we would call it a recovery party....I just haven't recovered yet!!  Coalette decided to claim the red velvet bottle cover in which I had wrapped a present.  Must be the fur has her excited!!
After this attempt to get it out from under the tree, she finally this evening went back for it and drug it upstairs to the room where she eats. (I share my sewing room with her, but she owns the room.)  The bottle isn't exactly light and it isn't booze, but she managed to get it upstairs.  I finally took the bottle out and gave her the bloody sack.  She has such personality!!

The shakers below belonged to a beloved aunt who has been gone for many years.  I was given them by her daughter and the tag says "INARCO".  I love them and they always come out at Christmas.
 I baked cookies and got them iced eventually.  The dipped ginger cookies and the sugar cookies are our favorites.  Since I have been under the weather, I have been watching all of the old Christmas movies.  I have some favorites from the mid part of the century, Christmas in Connecticut and White Christmas are two of my old favorites and the Home Alone 1 & 2 are the later ones.  I haven't seen the first one play yet, but never tire of any of them. 
With 2 days left, we will spend Christmas eve and Christmas with dear friends here as family is so far away and weather is frightful here this time of the year for travel.  The fruitcake recipient called me today to thank me and we sampled ours.  Yummy!

No comments: