Thursday, March 6, 2014

Latest quilt

 Finished!! This is the double Wedding Ring quilt in honor of our 50th wedding anniversary.  I have always wanted to make this but it seemed too daunting.  When I found a paper pieced pattern I knew it would be done!! All of the small scraps that have been saved over the years were perfect for this quilt so there are pieces from clothing and pieces from other quilts and pieces from fabric given to me by friends. I wish that I had not used the bright yellow 4 patches--they are loud, but it is done. 

I have missed my quilt gatherings since we moved, but have just discovered a newly formed group in Encampment, the small community just south of me about 10 miles.  They meet every other Monday in the library and bring their machines for the day and sew and share ideas.  I have been to the last two gatherings and it has been great to sew all day and the gals are fun!
My daughter, an artist in her own right, has asked for some pictures of the sunsets and sunrises I view from my home nearly every day.  This truly is the ol' west and no two are ever the same.  Toward the east this morning at about 6:30, I captured this sunrise.


No comments: