Friday, January 16, 2015

Oh....Christmas Tree

With half a cloth napkin, or in my case half a fat quarter, (or small piece of fabric) I cut the two half-circles out above, and on the right side of the main fabric below, stitched near the curved edge a piece of pretty trim.
Then below with right sides together and the print up, stitched on the same stitching line to sew both together, leaving a small 1 1/2" opening for turning.

With hemostats (or another method of your choice) I turned to the right side and pressed.  The fold at the top is off-center..experiment with this.
I stitched down from the top, both sides to the first row of trim.
For a favor at a place-setting for example, the silverware and napkin can be inserted.  This was new to me, but my quilt group had seen it before and I just had to try it.  I think it is pretty cute!
Once every week we meet from 9:00 to  3:30 and sew with our machines on whatever project we are each working on.  We have shared so much knowledge and it takes us at least an hour to get to the actual sewing.  I have been blessed to have met such a great group of gals.  On another note....I saw my dental hygienist yesterday for my regular cleaning and express to her my concerns about an issue with a tooth..it is cracked and needs repaired.  These teeth are supposed to outlive me my dentist told me, so I plan to live several more decades and will have to get it fixed. I have far to go and roads to travel before I leave this earth.

No comments: