Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy Birthday

 Just a couple of quick pics to finish up 2014.  One other square from the quilt and above, the glass block, which was one of the summer projects from the "craft week" with my best buddies.  I have started to actually "quilt" the top which will be about 90 X 90 when finished and I did complete the Christmas Tree wall hanging from a post last year. The snap doesn't really do the glass block justice, as it is really pretty with the colored lights and it is a small block...not as large as most I have seen.  Goodbye Christmas and hurry up spring.
The happy birthday is for my hubby who is 70 today.  We are hoping for a better year this time, with no surgeries.....  more camping and adventures and hopefully a little more time with my children.  As I realize the spring, summer and fall of my life are gone and all that is left is my winter, and that is the least favorite of my seasons, I have much left to do.  Winter here is cold, snowy and sometimes dreary as it tends to isolate us to some degree.  Even when we were in the city and had access to nearly everything, when it is cold, I do not want to be outside.  It can be very pretty that is true, and perhaps the Mr. likes it so much is because he was born in the midst of it, but really.....?  Brrrr
So Happy Happy to the Mr. and to all a Happy New Year!!!!

No comments: