Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Art for the soul

We are still struggling to get these pictures from the iPad to the laptop and in the process the pictures are not always as we would like.  All 5 of us painted a birdhouse and one of the gals was responsible for the pattern.  This is not the first time we have had a painted project, as we always paint.  It is in our blood I guess and is my favorite project always.  This lady from Cheyenne has painted a mural on her wall and also on just about anything that doesn't move.  We all worked at painting a life size antelope several years ago along with quite a few other artists which were then auctioned for a fund raiser.

My two children had a wonderful art instructor and as a result went on to further their education in that area and although they are not always able to use this talent in their careers, my daughter has advanced hers as a result of her creativity and my son's talents are apparent in his home.  I have been just recently hearing about nursing homes and other facilities where the residents, some with various forms of dementia, are given coloring books and crayons.  One of my buddies spends time with the elderly and she tells me that these residents are really enjoying this activity.  Obviously, it is stimulating.  So to you two children.....just buy me lots of crayons, paints and coloring books and paper when you decide to institute me.  I will be fine!

"The mind grows by what it feeds on." ~ Josiah Gilbert Holland


No comments: