Saturday, April 1, 2017

Cuffs and Fabric

 It is not really a cuff but more of a cufflet. (don't think that is really a word), but I saw something similar and loved it!  So the Mr. who does leather work and is used to doing larger things, made it for me.  We designed this one after one I saw briefly and adapted to our specifications.  I picked out the jeweled center at the local Tandy Shop.  Cut from a large piece of hide, he then carved, stained and put the snap and jewel in it.
 This picture does not do the center piece justice, as it has sparkling jewels in it, but I think it turned out great!
Wednesday, I was invited to make a quilt shop trip to Laramie with 3 other quilters and friends.  Fabric?....Wonderful!  So after the trip over the summit, and it had been storming the day before and foggy, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day.  We first hit the Snowy River Quilt shop and needless to say, spent a buck or two.  They have a really good selection of fabric.  We had a tip that there was a vegetarian restaurant open and decided to be adventurous.  Near the railroad tracks and tucked in the middle of the block, Sweet Melissa's proved to be as terrific as we had heard.  Actually one of the gals had gotten the tip.  I can't take credit for that.  The servings are generous and the multitudes of selections made it difficult to make a choice.  We each tried a different dish, including the specials and weren't disappointed.  I feel like I am doing what a food critic would be posting, but I will go back indeed! Then we hit the second quilt shop and on to a couple of antique shops and headed back over the summit for home.  I am working on a "bear" quilt and was happy to get the rest of the fabric needed for that project.  But I was happier to be able to spend the day with some friends, one of whom I hadn't seen for 4 years.

"One of the wonderful things about Women...is that we are Bonded by shared Experiences." ~ Anita Roddick


No comments: