Thursday, April 6, 2017

Feb, Mar, Jan. Baskets

 They aren't in order, but at Around the Block, which is a quilt shop here in Cheyenne, and just across the interstate from me, this year's block of the month are these baskets.  The challenge was to use stripes and plaids.  So Feb above, March directly below and Jan. at the bottom, are completed and April is nearly done!

I always feel like things need to be embellished so I added the flowers to each. 

Today was warm enough to finally get outside and work on the yard.  Whenever I move I am always anxious to see what plants I have inherited from the previous gardener.  There is not much space here to garden, so no veggies and I am not sure I have the energy for that anymore, but I do know there is a Clematis and a rose bush and some other bushes which I haven't identified.  It will be interesting.

The Mr. and I like to frequent the thrift shops and the flea markets and consignment shops.  There are quite a few here in Cheyenne and I found an old window for $4.00 yesterday.  I have been looking for one for a decorating project.  When I left my last home, I gave away two to neighbors, rather than take a chance on getting them broken.  So.....when I got home with it, I discovered that it wasn't actually a glass window but plastic of some sort, which looks like glass.  It had been painted on both sides with painted flowers and instead of being able to scrape with a blade, I have had to use alcohol to remove the paint.  What a chore it has been.  I will get a picture, but have gotten some of the paint
 off.  I will persevere!!! 

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

No comments: