Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Junkin'

 A few days ago I noted that we had scored some good "stuff" at Garage sales.  I had an issue with the camera and lost my photos.  Spent this weekend with a good friend here and did not even get to the blog.  The grill above is a 4 burner gas/propane with a side burner and the Mr. did get the grills cleaned up,  so for $25.00 we have a grill which is probably overkill for us....but would have spent much more for a new smaller one.  Below the office chair is occupied by Coalette, the coal black feline who lives here and now thinks it was purchased for her exclusively. That was a $5.00 purchase.

The metal quilt rack which had a front broken bracket (the spiral decorative pieces on the top back) will still hold 3 quilts.  The Mr. took the other spiral piece off (which will go into my re purpose stash) and ground the rough edges smooth and now I have another place on which to display my quilts.  This was also a $5.00 purchase.  My friend and I went junkin' Saturday and because it was Easter weekend, there were not so many sales, but I did get a couple of things which I will re purpose or use for sure.   I spent all of $8.75 and will post as I can. 

My brother had some surgery yesterday and will no doubt have a long recovery, but his wife said he was already joking and I am sure he is glad that it is over.  We wish him a successful recovery and will be thinking of him and hope he is released soon.

My buddy who came to spend Easter is a friend that I have known for over 50 years.  We met when our husbands were in the Navy during the Viet Nam War.  It was a great couple of days and I am blessed to have such a good friend! I recently saw a picture of 4 sisters who had been taking the same picture every year for about 40 years.  It was amazing to see the gradual aging, although they were all very recognizable.  Gray hair and wrinkles became more obvious and the two of us could relate to the pictures.  Funny!

"I am tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.  That's deep enough.  What do you want, an adorable pancreas?" ~ Jean Kerr


No comments: