Monday, April 24, 2017

Widow Works

 A couple of weeks ago I thought I had a great score in a window at the "Meals on Wheels" thrift store.  I had been looking for a project using a window and this one was only $4.00.  WOW!
 Someone had painted flowers on BOTH sides and the frame and I just figured I would remove the paint with elbow grease, alcohol and razor blades.  Not so easy!  The window was plastic-not glass.
After several days of trying to get the paint off, I opted to just paint it the same color as my walls.
I sanded and primed it and my original plan was to hang it and place a wreath on it, but then another project which I tried went a little different than I had planned.  My buddy who visited last weekend helped me with a removable decal that we purchased for my coffee bar wall.  It is  a really cute set of coffee cups.  After getting it on my wall, which is slightly textured...I really was not please with the way it looked, but loved the idea.  So I decided to paint my window frame black and try the decal on it.
 Looky, looky, --I love it! The decal fit perfectly.  I have had so much satisfaction with this $4.00 project.  The other two pieces here were also thrift shop and craft project for little or nothing. 
"Taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic." ~ Rosalind Russell

No comments: