Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Saying Goodbye

 Did I mention a dew posts ago that the dogs were a little stressed about the happenings here?  Roger above doesn't appear to be stressed but little Spencer?  That's another story.  We have had quite a bit of thunder with the rain lately and that really bothers Spencer.  He also just is so spoiled that if we aren't on our regular schedule he pouts a bit.  Well, he has had a bit of confusion and just doesn't relax much and it will be that way now for a good time.  Dog Days of Summer has a different meaning.
Yesterday, the Mr. and I were invited to have lunch with some of my quilting buddies.  Little did I know that it was not a few, but literally all except for a couple who were unable to make it.  Spouses even showed up and it so touched me in a way that makes it even more difficult to say "Goodbye".  It has been a great couple of years to have been able to have these gals share their Tuesdays with me at our local library.  Libraries are amazing.  We were allowed to have a large room with access to some comfy chairs and electrical outlets for our machines as well as great light. Quilters have a special bond, but we shared heartaches, new experiences, ideas, trips, as well as support when needed.  I will stay in touch and have asked that they all do the same.  Thankfully I have been given information from one friend with ties to our new home area which will allow me to touch base with a quilter there.  It will no doubt make the transition a little easier and am grateful for the thoughtfulness.  These are a wonderful bunch of gals and I am blessed to have known each and every one of them. "Til we meet again".

1 comment:

Debbie Baldwin said...

Pat, I would have responded sooner but I couldn’t remember my password.

I’m so happy that the group could get together to say goodbye. I know you were surprised but it was worth it. We will all miss you. If I hadn’t met you, I wouldn’t be quilting nor have met this great group. As we all say “Road Trip”.

Have safe travels and don’t let the moss grow on your back side. Come back and visit.

Debbie