Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Art

 Finally, I have started to paint a little more for my art journal.  As I embark on the twilight years, I am using this time while the nation is being asked to "stay at home", to paint.  Because of the new cases of corona happening in most states again, our state has been issued an order by the Governor for all businesses to  refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask.  It allows me to spend more time reading and sewing and painting and I do not feel guilty if I just stay home now.  When you are obligated to go out, there are times when you may prefer to stay home, or just stay in bed a little longer.  Honestly, I am happy to have more "me" time.  So I paint or read or sew.  I found an old sheet music book years ago and I discovered the music to "The Butterfly" and it will be perfect for the background.  I first painted lots of colors on a sheet of paper, then drew the butterfly and painted the detail on it and cut it out. I haven't decided how I will address the background, but I will do that Friday when I can go to the shop.  That is the only thing which I have obligated for myself "schedule wise".

This little rose bush below is loaded with roses and the top branch has 13 buds on it which will open soon too.  It will be beautiful and it was a little rose in a pot that my daughter gave me last summer.  There is also a potato growing next to it.  Someone planted a potato there last year and I dug up one potato in the fall.  Must have missed one?
Be safe and wash your hands.

No comments: