Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Summer

Finally, summer is here!  We have had such wonderful weather and the temperature has been so nice~~mostly in the 70's or high 60's and finally we are having 80 plus temps.  We are so spoiled.  I took the finished Quilt of Honor over to my neighbor on Sunday and had wanted to do something for him ever since we moved in. He was so touched and I was so glad to do it for him.  He entered the Viet Nam war in the Army the same year as the Mr. and was released the same year also.  But he and his wife own an accounting business and are still working.  They have been especially busy as the official tax deadline is upon us.  

Above the deck is coming along quite well and the Mr. as always is doing a beautiful job.  There is not a lot else to do so we are glad to have work.  Me....well I feel like even though we are in phase three, we are still staying home for the most part.  I have however another neighbor who has checked on me was able to come in to see the quilts I have finished and we walked together today.  So happy to spend some time with her as she is a quilter also.  And then there is my journalling group which is a small group, and we do practice with distance and masks, but the larger group has not yet been able to meet.  Socialization is so important and I am glad that I can pick up my phone and I can visit my daughter too. 

Mostly we are watching tv in the evenings and we are doing just fine.  Next week we are scheduled to have our new windows installed if all is on track.  They will be so nice.

As you can tell, not much is happening and I have little to write about so until next time.  Wash your hands. 

No comments: